Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick Hits: Larry Crowne, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 2, Source Code, and Doctor Who: Series 1 and 2

Whoo! I have a LOT of catching up to do. Here are some quick hits of movies I've watched recently:

Larry Crowne was definitely cheesey, I liken it unto a bunch of dads getting to write a movie, the romance and a lot of the jokes fall flat, but it is not totally devoid of charms. It's NOT VF, though you don't see it as a verb but as a noun. It's in the montage in the beginning of the movie when he's just so happy working retail. It comes up suddenly, but takes some looking to actually see, so you can either close your eyes for the whole montage or just as soon as you see a mom with her baby by a bouncy horse, close your eyes.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 2, was fine, kinda anti-climactic in my opinion. The fight between the other 'V' word, Voldemort, and Harry Potter could have been much more satisfying. I figure if you were going to see this movie in the theater, you've probably watched it already, but just so you know, it is VF. 


Source Code starring the very handsome Jake Gyllenhaal was a fascinating science fiction/time travel thriller that had a cool psychological angle to it. I highly recommend it despite it being IV. You don't see anything, but when you see the man in the suit who is not Jake Gyllenhaal run for the train station bathroom, you might want to plug your ears.


Doctor Who: Series 1 with Christopher Eccleston was my introduction into my latest sci-fi obsession, Doctor Who. I'm into Series 3 with David Tennent as The Doctor, but I still consider Mr. Eccleston "My Doctor." Unfortunately Episode 7 is NOT  VF, so close your eyes after Adam's surgery. He says he's going to be s*ck, so there's no mistaking it. Otherwise it's V FREE. (Series 2 is also VF)

No comments:

Post a Comment